Easy Recipe: Banana Oatmeal Bites

It's a vacation day today and I'm kicking it off by making this super easy recipe for some workout fuel. 

I'm often on the hunt for simple, "real food" snacks to power me through the day and I came across this idea from The Burlap Bag (reposted as a variation on The Simple Veganista) a few weeks ago.  It contains just two ingredients and whips up in under 30 minutes. The recipe suggests also adding chocolate chips, but I threw in dried fruit + nuts. Today, I used dried cranberries, walnuts and unsweetened coconut. 

Check out the full recipe online at: http://www.theburlapbag.com/2012/07/2-ingredient-cookies-plus-the-mix-ins-of-your-choice/.

I keep my banana bites in the fridge and usually place some in the freezer, along with my other homemade protein/energy bars. Then I will pull out a few in the morning when I know it will be a busy day of meetings, so that I'm fuelled and ready for a workout in the evening. 

Comments

Popular Posts